Monday, June 11, 2007

Wine, Robert Redford and Elevators

Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

Having said that, let us begin. Today I will rant.

Saw Vir Sanghvi on Travel and Living. He was sitting across the table with two other men, one of them extremely fat, with nine glasses of wine each on the table. Different kinds of wine in each glass of course. The idea was to discover whether wine goes with tandoori cuisine (kababs), and if so which one - Red or White wine. The verdict : Wine goes with tandoori cuisine! Extremely important and informative. I'll keep that in mind the next time I go to a swanky seven star hotel and decide to have wine and kababs. Which should be in about..... three hundred and sixty three and three quarter years... Duh!!! Could you get more pretentious?

Well, lets consider the alternative . Having beer with a packet of haldiram's on my balcony. The downside: I don't think people would like to watch this on TV. Upside: I get to lounge in shorts and an old T shirt, burp, watch Vir Sanghvi on TV and laugh at him, and even kill the itinerant mosquitoes. I personally think as far as beer goes Kingfisher is the best and as for the munchies, my vote goes to the 'masala peanuts'. If you were Vir sanghvi which of the two would you prefer? The hotel or the balcony? Thats a no brainer, even by Vir Sanghvi standards I guess.

Don't you just hate people who get into an elevator to travel two or less floors up or down? Fourth floor to the second?? Get a life people! Walking is faster. Use the goddam stairs! I eprsonally think that all such people should be defenestrated on the floor they get in to the lift. No, defenestration DOES NOT mean removal of vital parts of their anatomy,it merely means throwing someone out of the window. I shit you not.

I found out today that Mrudula thinks that Robert Redford and Richard Gere are hotter than me... Strange..... There's no accounting for people's opinions is there... I mean anyone can see who's hotter. Well.... Actually I checked and no one else could. And it hurts! Time to wake up and smell the coffee I guess... LOL!

The runway lights are on at the airport even in the afternoon! Saw them from the balcony and got Mrudula to crosscheck. She could see them too. My eyesight is still fine. For what earthly purpose the lights are on at that time... only god and the air traffic controller know. Presumably.

Think I'm obsessing on the airport.

Read Neha's blog on the difficulties of getting a flat in B'lore. Lets sign off by sayin a prayer for the desperate hearts who're looking for acco in Bangalore tonight.... Yes, shamelessly plagiarised from Aerosmith, but I think it conveys the meaning...

2 comments:

Saya said...

Your blog.. the general ambience it creates.. is very enjoyable.. keep writing.. makes me think of cloudy skies.. afternoons that look like evenings... :):)

Fa~ said...

hey thanks for stoppin by on my xanga.. nice posts .. update more often!
p.s - u from blore?

(excuse my blogger acc .. was created on a lazy sunday afternoon)